We decided to add Google AdSense to our blog site so that we can recuperate some expenses.
AdSense is an ad serving application by Google.com. Website owners can generate ads revenue displaying ads using Google AdSense. Please read our suggested reading articles below for more information about Google AdSense.
So we got on Google and search about AdSense for WordPress. And we decided to use AdSense Optimizer, because it is simple to use this plugin.
Installing AdSense Optimizer
Installing the AdSense Optimizer is easy. We
- logged in as an admin,
- clicked Plugins button and clicked Add New link,
- searched with “AdSense Optimizer” term
- clicked “Install Now” to install the plugin, and
- clicked Activate to make the plugin active
Configuring AdSense for our WordPress site is also simple.
A Google AdSense account number is needed. And we have one since we registered for an account in the past.
- We clicked on Settings and selected AdSense Optimizer
- Entered the AdSense account number at AdSense Publish ID, (don’t enter “Pub” part of the ID number)
- Selected Basic User to start a simple AdSense scheme
- Created 1 simple ad of 468×60 banner
- Kept other items as default
- Clicked “Update Options” at the bottom of the page to save the settings
Verifying AdSense Ads
We accessed our site to verify that the ads are displayed correctly. Below is our blog’s homepage with Google ads.
Suggested reading list
- Google’s official weblog on AdSense
- Wikipedia article on AdSense
- AdSense Optimizer information on WordPress website
We provide web design services, website development services and SEO services. Our company is more than 10 year old. Read more about us.